Clariant improves profitability, reinstates dividend
- Full-year sales increased by 16% in local currency and 4% in CHF
- EBITDA margin before exceptional items rose to 13.2 % from 12.7% in 2010
- Net income improved to CHF 251 million from CHF 191 million in 2010
- Dividend payment resumed at CHF 0.30 per share through reduction of par value
- Outlook: Clariant expects further sales growth in local currencies and sustained profitability in 2012 as the global economy is expected to progressively strengthen in the course of the year.
CEO Hariolf Kottmann commented: “In 2011, we started to transform Clariant into a highly profitable specialty chemicals company, based on a strong technology base and a solid financial position. The acquisition of Süd-Chemie marked a milestone in this process. In addition, Clariant continued to invest in its growth businesses and supported the mature businesses in improving their profitability. This is reflected in a better performance despite challenging and volatile business conditions. In 2012, we will intensify the efforts to sustainably increase the quality and performance of the portfolio.”
Download the full report here.